Saturday, August 17, 2013

Adventures with a George Foreman

Well, Summer is not only officially here, but almost over.  
Wow...  I can't believe I'm saying that last bit.  It's gone by so fast!

Anyways, summer means grill time, right?  So...  What if you don't have a grill?
When me and my new hubby (married 12-12-12) joined households, he had a little George Foreman kitchen grill; and I've never used it for much, until I looked through a new issue of Bon Appetit Magazine, and decided I HAD to try their recipe for Spiced Salmon Kebabs.  I know; it sounds heavenly.  And it's actually really simple, and grills beautifully on a George Foreman!



Spiced Salmon Kebabs:
Active 25 minutes.  Total 25 Minutes.
4 Servings  Here's a little trick:  Thread 
salmon pieces onto two skewers so they 
don't flip and spin every time you turn 
them on the grill.

2 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano
2 tsp. sesame seeds
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/2 lb. skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1" pieces
2 lemons, very thinly sliced into rounds
2 Tbs. olive oil

Special Equipment: 16 bamboo skewers
soaked in water 1 hour.

Prepare grill (or George Foreman!) for medium heat. 
Mix oregano, sesame seeds, cumin, salt, and red pepper
flakes in a small bowl to combine; set spice mixture aside.

Beginning and ending with salmon, thread salmon and folded 
lemon slices onto 8 pairs of  parallel skewers to make 8 kebabs 
total.  Brush with oil  and season with reserved spice mixture.

Grill, turning occasionally, until fish is 
opaque throughout, 5-8 minutes.

Calories 390.  Fat 22 G,  Fiber 1 G.




I served mine with Tempura breaded veggies (Onion, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Asparagus, Sugar Snap Peas, Shiitake Mushrooms), and fluffy Coconut Rice.  If anyone wants that recipe, comment and I'll post :)

Recipe sourced from Bon Appetit Magazine.  Photos are my own.

No comments: